Vancomycin Utilization Evaluation in a Major Teaching Hospital in West of Iran
Background: Drug utilization review is defined as an authorized, structured, ongoing review of prescribing, dispensing and use of medication. Vancomycin is a narrow-spectrum glycopeptide anti-infective with activity against many gram-positive organisms such as Staphylococci, group A
2. Ann E. loannilli, G. Paul Sesin, Eva O’keefe. (1988). Drug Utilization of Vancomycin. Journal
of intravenous nursing. vol 11, (NO 4), 239-244.
3. Cavalcanti AB1, Goncalves AR, Almeida CS, Bugano DD, Silva E. Teicoplanin versus vancomycin for proven or suspected infection. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Jun 16;(6):CD007022. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007022.pub2.
4. Cynamon MH, Granato PA. Comparison of the in vitro activities of teicomycin and vancomycin against staphylococci and enterococci. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1982 Mar; 21(3): 504–505. doi: 10.1128/aac.21.3.504
5. Wilson AP. Comparative safety of teicoplanin and vancomycin. Int J Antimicrob Agent.(10), 143–152.
6. Fahimi F, Soleymani F, Tavakoli-Ardakani M. Vancomycin Utilization Evaluation in a teaching hospital: A case-series study in Iran. J Pharm Care 2015;1(2):51-4.
7. Vazin A, Japoni A, Shahbazi S, Davarpanah MA. Vancomycin utilization evaluation at hematology-oncology ward of a teaching hospital in Iran. Iran J Pharm Res 2012;11(1):163-70.
8. Salehifar E, Babamahmoodi F, Alikhani A, Ganji R, Fazli M. Drug utilization evaluation of vancomycin in a referral infectious center in mazandaran province. J Pharm Care. 2015;2(2):55-9. 9. Hamishehkar H, Ebrahimi D, Mahmoodpoor A, Mashayekhi S, Asgharian P, Reazee H. Drug utilization evaluation of vancomycin in a teaching hospital in Tabriz-Iran. Pharmaceutical Sciences 2015;21(1):25.
10. Salemi C, Becker L, Morrissey R, Warmington J. A clinical decision process model for evaluating vancomycin use with modified HICPAC guidelines. Hospital Infection Control Practice Advisory Committee. Clin Perform Qual Health Care 1998;6(1):12-6.
11. Evans ME, Kortas KJ. Vancomycin use in a university medical center: comparison with hospital infection control practices advisory committee guidelines. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1996;17(6):356-9.
12. Sepideh Elyasi, Mohaddeseh Sadat Ayubi, Mahdi Jannati, et al. Vancomycin Utilization Evaluation in a Tertiary Teaching Hospital in Mashhad, Iran. J Pharm Care 2017; 5(3-4): 44-48.
13. Khalili H, Gholami KH, Hajiabdolbaghi M, Sairafipoor Z. (2007). Vancomycin Drug Utilization Evaluation (DUE) in infectious disease ward of Imam Khomeini Hospital. Tehran University Medical Journal. 64, (12), 64-68.
14. Ayazkhoo L, Mousavi S, Ramazani F, Ayatollahi-Tafti M, Sa’dabadi Z, Sistanizad M. Vancomycin Utilization Evaluation: Are We Dosing Appropriately? J Pharm Care. 2015;1(4):149-52.
15. Tavakoli-Ardakani M, Ghassemi S, Alizadeh AM, Salamzadeh J, Ghadiani M, Ghassemi S. Effects of pharmacist intervention on the utilization of vancomycin in a teaching hospital. Iran J Pharm Res 2015;14(4):1281-8.
16. Salemi C, Becker L, Morrissey R, Warmington J. A clinical decision process model for evaluating vancomycin use with modified HICPAC guidelines. Hospital Infection Control Practice Advisory Committee. Clin Perform Qual Health Care 1998;6(1):12-6.